Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Ol' MT-2

I was feeling nostalgic a little while ago, and I pulled out my old Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal.  It was the first guitar pedal that I ever bought.  I remember that I saved my money won an auction for it on ebay for 35 dollars or something and I was so excited when it finally came.  I recall when I first plugged it into my peavey studio pro 112, and I was transformed into a warrior of rock destined to conquer the world with my crushing riffs!  Eventually it fell by the wayside as bigger and better things came along and added themselves to my music toy collection.  Anyway, I plugged it into my current rig and turned it on...  It sounded 'awesomer' a long time ago.
Anyone else have a similar story?
Well, I finished playing with the pedal and decided that I would get rid of it since I don't use it anymore...  BUT I CAN'T!!  It was so great and I loved it so much that I just can't let it go!  It sounded so wonderful to me long ago.  There is only one thing left to do.  Put on my geek pants, and modify it.
We musicians are always modifying our gear.  Different amp tubes, different pickups, new bridges, nuts, tuners, etc.  Why do we do it?  Does it really sound better after?  Sometimes, but sometimes not.  And if not, will we ever admit that it was just as good or better before?  Never!  So if this mod fails, will I say that it sounds worse?  Nope (unless it makes no noise at all).  We just can't leave well enough alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews